Leading Credit Union Successfully Automates Salesforce to Gain Business Essential Member Insights
To gain a deeper understanding of their members, our Client wanted to implement a centralized CRM system to house all of their member data. We used our extensive experience to deliver test automation tool POC, test management, planning, and execution as well as system integration testing.
The Client wanted to implement a centralized CRM system to house all of their member data.
Using the data and analytics from the CRM system, they would gain valuable insights that allow them to better serve their members.
Qualitest supported the Client with a test automation tool POC, test management, planning and execution as well as system integration testing.
We analyzed various industry-wide toolsets, performed system integration testing of Salesforce, Managed the UAT testing and established a regression test suite.
The Client was able to quickly achieve their Salesforce automation and integration goals.
Through automation, the Client considerably cut costs and work time: $60,000+ cost savings and over 1,100 hours saved.
The Client is a $5 billion full-service, not-for-profit financial institution that provides Select Employer Group (SEG) and community banking to over 300,000 members across the US and Puerto Rico. It is ranked among America’s Top 100 credit unions and has been one of the country’s fastest-growing credit unions over the last four decades.
Since the institution is a not-for-profit, its members are owners, and the Client strives to make each one feel a sense of ownership. The Client’s passion is empowering members to discover financial freedom throughout their life journey, supporting them with the right products and services.
“We analyzed various industry-wide toolsets, performed system integration testing of Salesforce, Managed the UAT testing and established a regression test suite.”
To Best Serve Your Members You Need to Know Your Members
Understanding your members and what is most important to them is crucial to offering the right products and services in a credit union. To gain a deeper understanding of their members, our Client wanted to implement a centralized CRM system to house all of their member data. Using the data and analytics from the CRM system, they would gain valuable insights that allow them to better serve their members and offer them the solutions that were most suitable for them.
Internally, the decision was made to utilize Salesforce CRM to help achieve this goal. The most critical aspect was conducting testing across various integrated systems. This called for a complex implementation that involved integrations with numerous internal systems already in place. Also, the testing cycle for these releases was shortened and needed to be validated in a shorter period.
In order to accommodate the shortened testing cycles, Qualitest was brought in to conduct an Automation Tool Proof Concept (POC) to determine the tooling that was most efficient and effective in testing the Salesforce CRM and its integrated systems.
“Through automation, the Client considerably cut costs and work time: $60,000+ cost savings and over 1,100 hours saved.”
The Successful Union of Salesforce and Automation
In order to ensure the successful deployment of this critical enterprise system, Qualitest was responsible for the following key quality assurance and testing related duties:
- Test Automation Tool POC
- Conducting a proof of concept on various market tools for Salesforce automation to find the best fit for Salesforce and the other application landscape to follow the same enterprise-wide approach.
- Test Management, Planning, and Execution
- System Integration Testing
Below is a summary of the key solutions Qualitest employed to successfully deliver the project:
- We analyzed various industry-wide toolsets that offer Salesforce and functional automation capability as an enterprise solution.
- Worked closely with the core delivery team to understand the critical functionalities and integrations across essential systems to identify the top three to five flows and must automation through the finalized toolsets.
- Performed system integration testing of Salesforce with the Client’s internal business applications, each with a wealth of Client data to validate into Salesforce.
- Managed the UAT testing performed by the Client’s business users
- Established a regression test suite to be utilized by the Client for future reference.
Qualitest was able to execute all the Client’s stated goals within the allotted time frame.
- Calculated cost savings of over $60,000 and over 1,100 hours of time saved when utilizing test automation versus manual testing of 400 test scripts across 12 test cycles.
- We have demonstrated the variations of tools that support Salesforce automation along with other functional automation needs. We provided our recommendation for Tricentis Tosca as our final tool for this automation implementation.
- The client was able to realize the cost benefit though this automation very quickly.