Introducing Agile Delivery and Implementing Test Tooling to a New Vehicle Leasing Online Quoting Platform
When introducing a new software package that feeds into your bottom line, you want to make sure that the public sees your business continue to shine. Here’s how we at QualiTest helped one business succeed.
Leasedrive Limited provided fleet management and short-term vehicle rental management services to clients in the United Kingdom. It offers fleet funding services that include captive lease management, contract hire, contract purchase, finance lease, outright purchase, and sale and leaseback. It is now part of Zenith, with the merger creating the largest independent vehicle leasing business in the UK.
Business Needs and Objectives
Leasedrive was challenged to provide a solution offering personal contract hire and business contract hire products in dealerships throughout the UK. This would mean providing an online quoting platform and back-end systems to manage the entire sales process and the customer experience throughout the vehicle lifecycle. They only had a small core test function, who supported their Business As Usual (BAU) work, and testing was informal in nature with no defined process or test tooling in use. It was critical to the business that the new solution didn’t have a negative effect on their BAU workstream.
The Qualitest Solution:
We introduced an agile approach to fit the project needs which allowed for the continued improvement to requirements and the end product. We assessed our client’s tool set in line with our approach and implemented Microsoft TFS for test and defect management, which enhanced the projects ability to deliver a more efficient agile project. Early engagement between us as a trusted testing services provider and other 3rd party vendors gave Leasedrive the opportunity to identify potential problems and solution gaps. These were then assimilated into the test cycle to verify that all concerns had been resolved. We also provided on-site consultancy for the support of post-implementation activities.
- Our agile approach enabled the business users to get an early view of the product and adapt/evolve their business requirements throughout the project increasing confidence and business buy-in
- The effective implementation of Microsoft TFS provided a test tool legacy for integration across all Business as Usual projects raising internal testing and delivery capabilities
- Deployments into production yielded no significant issues allowing our client to roll the solution out to a wide range of dealers throughout the UK without any impact on their brand
- Our client’s test function were able to focus on the BAU workstream
- The success of this project and the improvements in testing capability and the quality and speed of delivery resulted in us being chosen as testing partner for Leasedrive Zenith and we continue to deliver projects and process improvement for them
“[Qualitest] introduced an effective agile approach, utilizing our existing toolset for our project and BAU deliveries which gives our business the flexibility they require while assuring quality releases into production. As our testing services partner, they continue to provide us with valued testing support and I would be happy to recommend them.” — Paul, Group Head of IT