Qualitest Delivers Quick-Turnaround Targeted UX Testing for Global Consumer Goods Powerhouse
Discovered close to 200 new defects within the different websites. Solving the issues significantly improved accessibility and overall user experience.
Assure quality UX for the Client’s websites, used by millions of consumers.
Ensure fast, defect-free navigation through the websites.
Recruited test participants to fit Client’s exacting demographics.
Provided complete UX testing services and results-based recommendations.
Identified almost 200 defects; simplified functional flows.
Accomplished test scoping, execution and results in a total of 4 weeks.
The Client, a multinational consumer goods giant, is the manufacturer of some of the world’s best-known, best-loved food, household care and beauty & personal care brands. The Client’s products are used by more than a billion consumers across the globe.
Smooth Navigation Through a Sea of Products
With such an extensive array of products, the Client needed assurance that users of their websites could easily find the exact products they wanted and not be slowed or distracted by irrelevant content. Specifically, the Client’s objectives for a quality user experience were:
- Avoiding complicated tasks and flows
- Executing each task and flow in good time
- Experiencing flawless website functionality.
“The Client’s products are used by more than a billion consumers across the globe.”
Leveraging Crowd Testing for a Perfect Fit
Qualitest recommended tailored user experience testing as the best methodology to identify weaker areas in the Client’s websites. This approach would allow the test participants to explore the system under test and give a genuine review.
We would have a hands-on role in the testing, scoping out test objectives, setting up the test for all participants, explaining the aims of the test and describing all the needed user journeys in scope.
Of crucial importance was finding test participants who were truly representative of the Client’s massive worldwide market. Using the Client’s demographics and leveraging the global reach of our crowd testing capabilities, we recruited 45 participants in three of the Client’s global locations.
Fast Execution, Equally Fast Results
Since our solution involved unsupervised remote user experience testing, we scoped the testing in two weeks to allow fast delivery of results and conclusions. Within two weeks of the test start date, we delivered results.
We also delivered a detailed user experience report, with conclusions and recommendations for improvements. As Qualitest always does, we recommended a benchmark phase, allowing improvements and changes in user experience of the system under test to be tracked, making each point actionable.
After our engagement, the Client was able to improve the search functionality, allowing users to easily find their required products and avoid the presentation of unrelated results. Ultimately, they were able to identify issues within the user experience and functionality of their system that had not been identified prior to the test.
Our testing also enabled an in-depth understanding about the Client’s applications and system architecture for the purpose of application test automation.
“After our engagement, the Client was able to improve the search functionality, allowing users to easily find their required products and avoid the presentation of unrelated results.”
Qualitest brought extensive experience to the undertaking, including a Senior Consultant who was highly expert in identifying potential issues in user experience.
- Discovered close to 200 new defects within the different websites. Solving the issues significantly improved accessibility and overall user experience.
- Identified duplicates that could be removed to simplify the user flow.
- Provided the Client better targeting information, by identifying trends in user opinion by age groups and educational backgrounds. For instance, users within certain age groups and educational backgrounds gave lower than average scores to different aspects of the website.
- Provided the Client with information about all functional issues the participants found during the test.
- Triaged the defects found, verifying the severity of the issues, removing duplicate defects, validating information within the defect, and more.