Qualitest Enables Global Telecom Leader to Take Quality and Efficiency to the Next Level
The Client wanted to strategically move away from flex and towards fully managed testing services, to establish enhanced QMO to drive improved data driven decision making and analytics.
Strategically move away from flex towards Managed Testing Services.
Establish a successful QMO, improve analytics, efficiency and cut costs.
Implemented an iterative process model, with two clear, well-defined phases.
Optimised offshore leverage and transformational benefits.
40% savings on total cost of ownership.
Qualitest helped the Client achieve continuous improvement and better delivery.
As a leading British multinational telecommunications company operating in 180 countries and the largest provider of fixed-line, broadband and mobile services in the UK (also providing subscription television and IT services), the Client set itself the highest quality and efficiency standards.
To remain ahead of competitors and to ensure their customers enjoy the best experience across their services, the Client sought to step up their approach to quality assurance as well as improve efficiency and cut costs.
The journey to quality begins with knowledge
The Client wanted to strategically move away from flex and towards fully managed testing services, to establish an enhanced QMO to drive improved data driven decision making and analytics, as well as improve and expand remote testing capabilities – changing the way testing was done.
The Client’s other main objectives included the need to reduce cost, decrease dependency on internal teams, enable a more agile way of working, as well as increased automation and NFT transformation.
Building a tailored QMO together
Following the scope, objectives and expectations we received from the Client on what was to be measured and assessed, we implemented an iterative process model, with two clear, well-defined phases:
- Phase 1: KPI Definition, performing analysis from POC and set targets with stakeholder buy-in.
- Phase 2: Track agreed KPI Metrics with set target from Managed Testing Services.
Phase 1 – Identifying the right framework
In this phase, Qualitest was able to define KPI’s with details on objectives, data source, significance of the KPI, frequency and arbitrary thresholds.
A detailed exercise was carried out to review the available tools/template for data adequacy, volumetric information available and compliance.
Brainstorming was performed to understand the data gathering gaps and expected result and Qualitest shared the high-level plan with key milestones and deliverables to the Client.
Dashboard POC was kicked-off to gather data for several services, while the KPI dashboard was created to capture the data reporting and visualization of the summary and trends.
Qualitest built and designed the KPI dashboard based on feedback from the Client and timely reported the KPI dashboard with our analysis to the Client to receive periodic feedback and update progress. At the end of Phase 1, the targets had been defined and agreed on by the Client.
Phase 2 – Steady state project support
In this phase, Qualitest gathered all the information required for all the metrics to be tracked and presented on the KPI dashboard, which was customized according to the Client’s requested performance criteria.
As a result, the Client was able to monitor the performance of the services on a timely basis, which helped to achieve continuous improvement and better delivery.
- Transformational efficiencies generated more than 40% savings on the total cost of ownership:
- Automation first
- Multimodal methods
- Regression optimisation
- Follow the sun, extended working
- Remote capability (transition of work where appropriate to India)
- The Client gained insights and knowledge of best practices, new technologies and ways of working.
- Qualitest established a full-service management capability for the Client.
- Gained a data-driven approach that displays real time KPIs, stats and provides insights on performance of the service provided.
- The dashboard helped to track, measure and improve the overall performance from start to finish of the project/portfolio and present past years trends – all with a simple and intuitive UI.
- The Client was able to convert Qualitest staff to into their own workforce after a period of time.
- Qualitest helped the Client achieve TMMi level 5 compliancy, meet demand fluctuations, enable flexible yearly forecasting and kickstart non-functional testing.