Qualitest Helps Global Apparel Giant With S/4HANA Fashion Roll-out Through Centralized TCoE
Qualitest took the reins in a situation where the Client lacked both QA expertise and testing assets.
A lack of a dedicated internal QA team to successfully roll-out S/4HANA Fashion.
The Client required the fundamental elements of its TCoE for the span of its diverse enterprise landscape.
Qualitest recruited the ideal team of QA experts to handle the project requirements with ease.
Qualitest’s QA specialists built the perfect frameworks for automation and implementing the right QA governance.
The Client received dynamic, multi-tasking flexibility and support for Data Testing.
Efficient, thoughtful automation and open attitude helped achieve project timelines and goals.
The Client is a global fashion and lifestyle giant, with almost $10 billion in revenue. The company owns many of the most well-known high-quality fashion brands with customers all around the world.
The Client has very high standards applied throughout its diversified supply chain, products and the consumer experience they offer both online and offline. The Client continues to make use of the latest technologies, development methodologies and tool to remain a market leader.
“Qualitest took the reins in a situation where the Client lacked both QA expertise and testing assets.”
QA Excellence Needs to Stay in Vogue
The Client’s main challenge had been the fact they had no dedicated in-house QA and the company was lacking frameworks, processes and the right experience and expertise to support their initiatives. The Client also required unification of three disparate enterprise platforms onto one.
After establishing a centralized TCoE (Testing Center of Excellence) in order to promote and enable change across global business units, the Client chose Qualitest to introduce the core elements of the TCoE across a diverse enterprise landscape incorporating eComm, Point of Sale (POS), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. The Client also needed support in rolling out S/4HANA Fashion globally for the first time.
Qualitest’s objectives were:
- Establish test tools supporting global implementations and utilizing a growing repository to analyze QA trends and metrics.
- Build an eComm manual and automation framework to manage high volume releases.
- Reduce test effort and team sizes through effective governance and test automation which reduced eComm resources from 20 to 8.
- Launch a device testing lab to enhance coverage of digital testing.
- Replace System Integrator (SI) for S/4HANA testing strategy to reduce overall testing while maintaining coverage and quality.
The Ideal QA Expertise Onboarded for a Successful Launch
Qualitest took the reins in a situation where the Client lacked both QA expertise and testing assets. After discussing requirements with the Client, we presented how our QA proficiencies and experience would suit their precise project needs and goals. Qualitest recruited the right testing talent and trained them to suitably support the Client’s initiatives.
Our confidence in our QA capability helped the Client trust our skills and our testing frameworks. We started with eCommerce first and built the ideal automation framework for it. We integrated Component Based Test Automation (CBTA) with Solman Business Process Change Analyzer (BPCA). Qualitest also implemented a performance framework for repeatable testing & tuning across each roll-out.
The next step was setting up the POS. We got on-board the perfect QA expert to configure Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and create training resources. Our team of SAP specialists successfully tested Centric and conducted performance test on PLM. Finally, the project was back on track with the assistance of QA experts who possessed years of SAP experience.
With our risk-based testing approach, we were able to streamline manual testing efforts and successfully solve the project-related challenges.
“With our risk-based testing approach, we were able to streamline manual testing efforts and successfully solve the project-related challenges.”
- The Client gained clear visibility into the specific areas of challenge to target improvement for.
- 70% of the existing go-live issues were fixed and client gained more consistency and confidence in the go-live, without missing another deadline.
- Proper collaboration and integration across the different application were ensured to validate their end-to-end business process.
- The Client was able to start implementing the perfect QA practices and governance.
- The centralized TCoE was equipped with fundamental testing assets along with a clear understanding of future best practices.
- The entire Hong Kong arm of the program was re-established.