What can be learned about software testers? QualiTest analyzed the LinkedIn details of people who map to the professional software testing community. Our goal was to compile an overarching report of the state of software testing professionals around the globe and shed light on the changes in this industry, as well as what the future of software testing might look like. The analysis included examining factors such as country, job titles, work history, education, gender, company size and industry. Our report answers questions like:
- What country has the highest concentration of software testers, beating out the U.S. and Canada?
- What industries (after high tech) employ the most software testers?
- How likely is a tester of having a B.S. or M.S. degree based on their country?
- How do gender ratios of software testers vary depending on country?
- What software testing job titles have faded the least over time?
All that and more are available in QualiTest’s Global State of Software Testers report, available for download here